Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing 16 - Web 2.0 Tools

I selected iGoogle for my organizer page since everything I have is through Google. At this time I am not sure if I will maintain this; I'll have to see if I have time to keep it up once school starts. . I selected News, Games, Cooking and Sports tabs and added a tab for my Google Calendar. I just clicked on the calendar link and wow, is this cool or what! The calendar would be a great tool to share when planning library visits, research and collaborative units with teachers. I frequently check Weatherbug to see the seven day forecast before we travel to see the kids. This was a nice tool to have right on the home page. I think that the to do list will be too much work. I have a difficult time just getting things written down on my lesson plan book and this is just one more thing to do. I like "Remember the Milk" just because of the title and will try it just for this exercise. For school I will probably keep the Google Calendar and recommend others try it out.

1 comment:

mmw said...

I understand your comment about too much work on the "to do" list. I go back and forth between a paper list and an electronic one. Sometimes good old-fashioned pen and paper is still the best method.