Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing 10 - RSS Feed and Google Reader

I think I have vaguely figured this out. I added TopShelf to my del.icio.us account and Google Reader. Top Shelf was created by our teacher, Mary Woodard, and is a great site. Not just for librarians, but teachers can easily see how to incorporate the library into their curriculum. There are so many ways the librarian can help and yes even with the TEKS and TAKS including Math. Did you know that we still use the Dewey Decimal system? Do your students need help with decimals? Let me develop a fun lesson on math functions that the students will enjoy, i.e. Find 796.332 (sports - football) -(subtract) 597.96 (snakes) = 198.372 Write the title and call # of the book closest to your answer that you MIGHT like to read in this section. [My answer: 154.6 G - The Mystery of Dreams]


P.S. I've decided that it's important to include the Title so that I can go back and check out how to use the tool.

No comments: