Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing 4 - Commenting

Several of the suggested readings made the same points. Don't comment just to be commenting. If you have an opinion or response, write it down first and then post it. Comments should be meaningful. These help draw attention to your blog according to CoolCat's "How to comment like a King (or Queen)." It connects you with the entire world, gives bloggers a sense of belonging to a group of people with similar interests and allows us to interact. Several of our classmates suggested problems they had getting started. I agree wholeheartedly and didn't feel like the Lone Ranger. In the 10 commandments of blog commenting, the suggestion to use emoticons appeared as #4. I love the smiley face and it was so high on the list. :-) (I thought it would make a smiley face.) I have read through several of our classmates blogs and will go back and make a few comments.
Each day I check each blog to see what people are doing, their educational ideas, etc. I've left several comments for people. AMSHistory posted about the MISD block which is a problem, but we're hopeful that something will be done so we can share this new fun with others easily. Teachart is at my school, so I definitely check out her blog except I'm not sure that I left her a comment. Ms Brownie selected a great font so I asked her what she used. It is very clear and easy to read for this old grandmother.
I've made several more comments to several classmates since the start of the class. Since I added everyone's blog to my Google Reader, it reminded me of A Teacher's Summer' surgery so I wished her a speedy recovery. Boog-phil suggested setting up groups in Flickr in order to share photos with family and friends. I will definitely go back and try adding groups. Parmentersplace used Spell with Flickr to create the word "Read". Naturally, I agree with this. She has thought of ways to use this tool with her ESL reading students. I believe it would help a lot of students with spelling to have fun playing with this and changing the tiles in the words.
I still need to comment on 2 at large blogs; I'm working on this last step.
7-2-08 I have left comments on the Top Shelf blog and also Wikispaces Connecting Teachers, Students and Parents. Perhaps this completes this Thing.

No comments: