Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing 11 - Finding Good Feeds

Several of the feeds were interesting and I'm slowly getting the hang of it because it seems as though the ones I select do not have the easy RSS feed symbol so I have to do it manually. I've added Library Thing which most of the librarians learned about earlier this year. I definitely will use this tool to promote books, series, and suggestions to read. I hope to add it to the library web page as well. My favorite thing to do is connect a reluctant reader with a book that they really enjoy reading and I hope to add the covers of some of my favorite books. I am also trying to connect to Ultimate Teen Reading List, but have been unsuccessful at this point.

On a personal note, I love to cook so check out Allrecipes

Blue Skunk is a very popular blog to read.

5 comments:

C Toogood said...

Max
Wow, thanks for your comment; I was so surprised because I am just learning this 2.0 "stuff." I just checked your boys blog; may I add you to my Reader? Being the mom of two sons who are reluctant and non-readers, I try really hard to find something that will catch boys' interests and our school has AR so this will be very helpful. I'm going back to spend time at your blog. Thanks

mmw said...

gigiread,
you might want to review the LibraryThing discovery exercise from the Learning Thru Play program that the librarians did. You can find it at http://learning20thruplay.blogspot.com/2007/12/thing-12-check-out-librarything.html

mmw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mmw said...

I'm trying to learn how to do a link in a comment. See if this works:

Library Thing

mmw said...

Yay! It worked!

Use the link in the comment above to get to the Library Thing exercise, if you want.