Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing 2 - Avatar

My blogging name is from my granddaughter. I was staying with Brynlee when I started this class. She is only 16 months old and comes up to me and says "Gigi read." It seemed appropriate since I'm a librarian. Creating the blog was not easy for me even though I've tried to do this before. Previous experience didn't help here.

Whew designing the avatar was a little trying. I selected one of the favorites that reflected summer. The boat is supposed to move behind "me," but doesn't. Since I live near Lake Ray Hubbard, this is what I imagine the lake COULD look like.Even though I'm still working at school trying to finish, the scene reflects my summer wishes to take me to a relaxing spot. I used brown hair side-swept which was the closest to my style. So I suppose one could say that it looks a little like me. Then I tried to post it to my blog. That took 2.5 hours. I couldn't ever find the export. Apparently, I did find the export because I had 4 avatars on the page. Oh well, it's a learning experience.

No comments: