Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing 8 - Flickr Mashups

Ready or Not

I have spent days going through Flickr and trying some of the cool tools. I found the Motivator and thought that I could use it to make some "posters" to display in my new digital frame. (Ok, I know I'm obsessed with the frame and I'm anxious to learn how to add things like this to it. = Will this be possible?)

I think I could upload pictures of book covers with a student's "commercial" about the book. I used this tool "Created with fd's Flickr Toys". I had to join/subscribe to "Big Huge Labs." It was a little trying at first to "Join" because when I clicked to register it said I already was a member. Prior to that I tried to sign in because I thought it was just Flickr.

P.S. Does anyone have a better "Title"? How do I make it smaller?

I also tried Spell with Flickr and loved it. Finally, a very simple thing to complete.

McElman_071126_2031 Educational Block E Attention Enfants ! (détail) D Vintage LEGO Number 2
L E Alphabet Block a d004

2 comments:

mmw said...

To make a hyperlink in a post, do this:

1. Highlight the text you want to use as a link.
2. In the toolbar, click the picture of the globe/link.
3. Type or paste in the URL of the site you want that text to link to.

You're getting the hang of this!

You'll be linking and embedding pictures, video, etc. in no time!

C Toogood said...

MMW
Thanks for the directions. This was the easiest thing I've done - once I found the link button.