Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing 14 - Flowcharts & Mind Maps

I used Bubbl.us to create a mind map about Natural Disasters - a topic our ICT students complete research on during the fall semester. Last year our students were introduced to Thinking maps and this is very similar. I attempted to send it to Mary so we can collaborate. I really like this idea to share these organizers. It was a little frustrating at first, but once I got the hang of it, it really was easy. Of course, I didn't know how to create a different type of map.
I tried to access gliffy.com, but I was not able to sign up. I kept clicking next to the email line, but nothing would work. I am waiting on an invitation to flowchart.com
in order to complete the exercise. I know that my husband loves flowcharts, but I'm not very savvy using them. I DO NOT like these. I tried to complete a simple family tree in both flowchart and gliffy. I don't know how to make these work and I can't find a help or tutorial. After reading a few blogs of people who have completed #14, I don't feel so bad about not liking flowcharts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! We certainly do not like to hear you were having trouble. For problems with login, please try another web browser or contact us at: gliffy at support dot com
To learn about using the program, our demo helps many people: www.gliffy.com/demo.shtml
or this demo:
http://webducate.typepad.com/webducate/2008/05/help-movie-crea.html

let us know if your experience improves or if we can help out!
debik at gliffy dot com